How Much is Too Much?

(Originally Posted on 8-26-2010)

This past week I was introduced to two new things. One is paper marbling (did I spell that right?). And the other was genealogy. Genealogy is nothing new, its been around for ages, eons in fact. But what I refer to is that I finally succumbed to and advertisement on the telly here in USA. The commercial was for ancestry.com. With a 14 day trial I decided to see what I could find about who I came from….

Paper marbling is brand new to me and a good friend in Columbus, OH published a series of photos on Facebook from a class she took on the process. A wonderfully interesting thought went through my mind. Sort of the same thought when I was introduced to the ecaustic process.

The problem with both of these “new to me” interests is time. I’ve yet been able to figure out how to preserve and save the time I normally waste and keep it available for those times when I do not have enough.

I said to my lovely wife, “I don’t need to be doing this!” I was talking about ancestry.com. My father and my older sister have already produced a comprehensive history of those that have gone before me.

I said to myself, “better put that on the hope shelf.” I was talking about paper marbling.

Much becomes too much when time becomes too short in supply. I’ll just have to do those things when I find some more time. Maybe I’ll pick up some extra time this weekend if I find anyone with time to spare.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is Analogue, or is it Analog?

Erbu

You Are Where You're At