You Are Where You're At



The last post here was more than one year ago and I wrote about the work of imagination. Actually it was the release of my book "The 4th Kind" which was the subject of the post.

It was just 14 months ago.

Much water has passed under the bridge and as I look back, the changes that have taken hold, not only of me personally but of my world and world culture in general, have been astounding. My impressions and reaction may be more intense than what others are noticing. Some, I believe are on the oblivious side of the line while others are on the alarmist side. 

What about you? If you take a few minutes to consider the past 12-18 months, how much has changed in the world you live in? Are you pretty much at ease and expect that not much has changed and things are on a pretty steady course?  Or are you nearing panic mode and are wondering what is going to happen to in your near future?

I know not everyone thinks as I do. I also know that some are thinking that the end of the world is near - at least the end of our familiar way in the world. 

I am not a prognosticator. Well, not much of one anyway although I do try to peer into the events at the end of time and see what I can determine.

I am not a prophet or the son of a prophet. Nor am I a shepherd who also takes care of sycamore and fig trees. 

I was a learner, and still try to be one. Things are happening and I try to understand what significance they have. 

In the last 18 months, I have seen these changes.

  • A force that is incredibly vicious against Christians and others non-Muslims has risen up spewing threats and causing death to many innocents. They go by many different names and are threatening all who do not believe as they do. And there is no national strategy to counter them. 
  • The growth of anti-Christian statements and actions.
  • The growth of anti-Semitic comments and attitudes.
  • A remarkable changed in our country's official attitude toward the nations and countries that support terrorism such as Iran. This changes lead by the President of the United States who has given up trying to hide his contempt for those who oppose his agenda. 
What might be in the future as evil grows and becomes more and more active in the actions of our country's leaders and those of other countries. Will there be any international effort to push back and as in World War II the evil will again be subdued and reasonable people will lead the nations of the world or, will this be the time of the end and we can look forward to the Day of the Lord and the Day of Christ's return in bodily form to the earth. 

"They also said, 'Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking into the sky? This Jesus who has been taken up from you into heaven, will come in just the same way as you have watched Him go into heaven.'" Acts 1:11 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is Analogue, or is it Analog?

Erbu